Friday, January 27, 2012

So HOT!

South West WA is going through a bit of a heatwave at the moment! So hot! Yesterday it was 41C where I am. (We have a little weather station behind our house which transmits weather information into the display inside.) So I kept my eagle eye on the display and when it hit 40.8C I declared that it was too hot to do anything!

Strangely enough, I couldnt sit still. Wanted to sit and watch the tennis (which is always vetoed by my little boy saying 'Cartoons, mummy?'. So I couldnt do that. Too hot to sit on the couch with a laptop on my lap. So, I was a bit lost! So instead I pottered around the house doing the housework! We have aircon, but only in the living area and in the kids' room. SO I sweltered! SO warm! Changing sheets and washing and mopping floors. Weird!!

I still managed to head off for my walk. I went a little later last night (7.30) and it was getting dark. We West Australians don't get daylight savings (POO!) so by the time I finished my walk and stretches it was well and truly dark.

Eaten alive by mosquitos, but fitter and happier. I've knocked 2 minutes off my time from when I first started. I can almost walk up the complete hill without stopping now too! I think the voices in my head are telling me that I can't do it. I'm absolutely out of breath and my legs are burning, but I'm sure I can do it! But I'm getting somewhere...

Gym today. Kids in the creche, which will be interesting. Last week, my toddler had no idea, so was quite happy to follow me along. This week, he knows, so I will have to drag him in. My littlest is very happy to just go with the flow though!

Goal for the gym: Burn 700cal! Work HARD!!

No comments:

Post a Comment