Saturday, January 21, 2012

So it was supposedly my rest day...

Most of the day I hung around the house because it was so.effing.hot! So hot! 39C all day hot! And then I realised that my poor seedlings I bought last week were wilting in the heat and I needed to plant them NOW!

Silly idea. Because I knew I needed to walk down to the creek bed (at the bottom of the hill), shovel a ton of dirt into the ute that was down at the creek and then drive back up. In theory this was a great idea! Easy peasy!

Except I had my toddler with me (almost 2.5). I popped him in the Ergo carrier on my back and off we set down the hill. A very nice walk down the hill - sea breeze was blowing and H and I had a great chat about birds and clouds and dog pee... I got to the creek and found the soil I wanted. It was waterlogged. And SO HEAVY! I ended up taking my shoes off to slough through the mud. Mud up to my knees!

Digging and shovelling in 39C heat is not much fun. H was entertained by splashing about in the (shallow) creek. When we got back home (back up the hill) I shovelled all the dirt out and then planted those seedlings. I hope they survive!!

So my rest day? I had my HRM monitor on for the shovelling - 480 cals. So TOMORROW is now my rest day. No more shovelling for me - I ache! All in all a good day - more calories burned = more weight lost! Yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment