Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Down, down, down

Remarkably the the figure on the scales is still going in the right direction - down! I'd had a tough week exercise-wise and let a few snacks back in that really shouldn't be there. So I wasn't hopeful of a huge loss.

Thankfully the scales show a loss this morning. Not a loss like I normally get, but a loss nonetheless... 0.8kg gone! I now weigh less than the day I was married 6 years ago. Back then I was disappointed that I didn't put in the effort to lose a monumental amount of weight for the wedding. Looking back now, it was only a superficial desire. I wanted to look good for the photos. In reality, I married the man that I love in front of the most important people in our lives. I was happy and healthy (well kind of).

I love receiving the compliments on how good I look. And a couple of friends that I haven't seen in a while (since before Christmas) have done a double-take. One even said that they didn't recognise me... This is where it becomes dangerous though. I get the compliments and I get complacent. I start thinking, "Gee I look good, everyone thinks so, I don't need to lose weight."

BULLSHIT.

I'm still 13.5kg away from being out of the overweight BMI. I have a long way to go. Yes, I'm looking much better than I did, but holy crap I still have a long way to go!

Stats for this week's weigh in:

Starting Weight (1 Jan):       106.8 kg
Last week's weight:               88.5 kg
This week's Weight:               87.7 kg

Weight lost this week:              0.8 kg
Weight lost during 12WBT:    11.1 kg
Weight lost overall:                19.1 kg

I'M NOT OBESE!!! WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment