Sunday, April 15, 2012

FUN Run...

FunRun
Me, In my Perth Crew Blinglet!

In the city nearest me, a SIDS 4 Kids Pancake Run was held today. I signed up about 2 weeks ago for it during my "I'm a fabulous runner and can SOOOOO run 5kms!). I've been looking forward to it though, despite my lack of enthusiasm for exercising this past week.

If you join up with the 12wbt, check out the HUGE number of Facebook groups that are related to 12wbt. There will be one (or two or three) for your area! I'm a part of the Perth Crew, and one of it's offshoots - the South West Perth Crew.  Today 14 of us rocked along to the fun run - 4 doing the 10km run, 6 doing the 5km run, and 4 doing the 3km walk.

It was a beautiful setting for a run. Tuart forest and parks galore. It was all paved (running on pavement = awesome!!!) and soooooo many people rocked up for it! But the hills!!!! Oh my goodness, they had some DOOZIES! I am used to running on nice, flat ground where the only hills are those made by the ants. These hills were quite steep and seemed to go on forever!!

I had a time goal in mind: I wanted to finish before 35 minutes had past. I finished at 34m:57s. I sprinted the last 100 metres and felt exhausted by then end!! I didn't run the whole way through. Those hills were a killer and my shoelaces decided to undo themselves twice! Oh well! The next fun run I do, I will run the whole thing!



528989_10150666057453231_625698230_9493313_335008212_n
An action shot! (Sorry about the fuzziness!)

This is me at the finishing line! Just around the corner were the other 12WBT ladies that had finished the run ahead of me. So supportive and it was great to see their smiling faces!

Upsides for the day:  Completing the fun run within the time I wanted, hanging out with the other 12wbt girls, Pancakes!!

Downsides for the day: Sore butt muscle! The Hub managed to miss my finish as he was kid-wrangling :(

Looking at a fun run in June down south. Another 5km Run. Could be interesting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment