Saturday, March 3, 2012

Blogger Challenge #3: Rewards

How will you acknowledge and reward yourself during Round 1, 2012 of the 12WBT? What are the small wins?  What are your big accomplishments? How will you achieve these and how will you reward your efforts? (food doesn't count!)

I used to think that rewards were the key to success - something to aim for. But you know what? The biggest reward is being healthy!!! I'm loving my energy and vitality that I'm acquiring along the way. I still have days where all I want to do is sit on the couch and watch tv or surf the internet, but on the whole, I'm much more energised and willing to do stuff!

That being said, I started off on this journey (on my own) telling myself that I could get a pedicure every 5kg lost, and as a bonus, a manicure at every 10kg. Well - I'm 12.5kg down and havent stepped foot inside a beauty salon. Two kids and living out of town just doesn't make for an easy hour to get stuff done for me. So that has been revised.

At the moment my biggest reward is seeing the numbers on the scale and on the measuring tape slowly de cline. It's an awesome feeling! I'm pretty sure I'm getting close to about 100cm (1whole metre!) lost around my various measurements! Very cool. When I measure next week I'll be sure to let you all know!


On that, I'm also making an appt at the beauty salon for next Saturday. I'm heading into town to do my Week 4 fitness test with other 12wbt-ers! ON MY OWN!! Hehehehe, so I'll have time!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Marnie, loving your blog! Looks like a few of us are in a similar mindset and on our way to smashing the scales.

    Enjoy the pampering next weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks RDub! Welcome to "finding marnie' too!

    ReplyDelete