Thursday, March 29, 2012

Finale!

I am so excited! To reward my monumental efforts at losing weight over the past 12 and a half weeks I've decided to go to Melbourne for the 12wbt Finale. Each round they hold it in a different location around Australia, and a lot of the Perth Crew were hoping that it would be in Perth for the first time since 12wbt started. Unfortunately the powers that be decided that Melbourne would be the location.

But I'm thinking that this is a positive! I get to visit a city I've never been to before, meet a bunch of women and men that I've shared this journey with and have a girlies weekend away from the kids and the hub! How spectacular!

Four girls (pretty much strangers!) on the Perth Crew FB page and I have teamed up to share a hotel room. Flights are organised. Now to get the dress! Perth Crew have come up with the idea to dress in red (the PC colours) but I've never been one to be drawn to red. I'd prefer the pinky-red to the orangey-red, but I've been on the hunt. The only one that has really taken my fancy so far has been this one:

 
But it's an orange-red. :/

I'm also hanging out until a few weeks before finale (19th May) to buy anything as I'm not sure of the size I'll be. I started out being a in-denial-squeezing-out-of-my-size-18s. And at the moment I would say I'm a small size 16 on the bottom and 14 on top. But with another 7 weeks until finale I'm hoping I can lose another 7-10kgs. Totally doable with my results so far. So who knows what size I will be???!!! I guess I'll be having a bit of a shopping trip in Perth beforehand!

3 comments:

  1. that dress is HAWT! go on, book a detour home via Sydney xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks honey. It's from the uk, so IF i did buy it, I'd have to buy it within the next 3 or so weeks to guarantee it would get here in time. And I have NO idea what size to buy for 7 weeks in the future! LOL

    I've got a bit of a shopping trip in Perth ahead of me, methinks!

    I wish I could come home via Sydney! N's only unlocking the chain to the kitchen sink for 3 days :/

    ReplyDelete