Monday, February 20, 2012

DOMS

DOMS=Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness

I could barely move yesterday morning when I rolled myself out of bed. So sore. Particularly my left calf and my right inside-thigh. Even today they're a bit achy. I knew that I had already had my rest day this week (Friday) so I needed to get out there and JFDI! So I did the stretch/relax workout(?) that Mish suggested for Friday. Felt so much better after getting that done. Shouldnt have left it until 7pm though! Live and learn I suppose!

I'm terrible at the diarising side of things that is required on this programme. Even as a teacher I struggled with the day-to-day diarising. So to bore you all silly I'm going to try and diarise on here. We need 2x toning sessions, 2x cardio sessions, 1x stretch session, 1x 60 second screamer (1000cal burn) and 1x rest day.

Monday: C25k Run - Cardio
Tuesday:  GYM - Toning
Wednesday: C25k Run - Cardio
Thursday: Toning @ Home
Friday: GYM - Cardio
Saturday: 60 sec screamer - Cardio/Weights
Sunday: Rest

Hmmmm.. too many cardio and no stretch/relax day. Mish tells us we should do it on a Friday so that our body is rested for the 60sec screamer. But my favourite Boxing class is on at the gym that day. We'll see how I go this week with this plan. I had a rest day last week on a Friday and it really didnt help me feel 'rested' for the saturday session. I was knackered before I even started. So i"ll make sure I get a good sleep Friday night and hopefully I can keep that Friday session!

No comments:

Post a Comment