Saturday, February 11, 2012

Fitness Test

Today is the beginning. We needed to do a fitness test to determine what part of the 12wbt exercise program we would be doing: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, Lean and Strong, Lean and Fit, or one of the running programs.

I fully expected myself to be in the beginner section - and maybe 6 weeks ago I would have been. But I'm not! Intermediate all the way baby!

Week 1
1km run: 7:09m

Push ups: 26/min (on knees)

Wall sit: 0:46

Sit ups: Stage 2

Sit & Reach: +10cm
 

1km run time: I did awesome! I ran/walked the 1km. It was on soft squishy grass that you just sank into and there was a strong wind. I amazed myself. I would have run the first 200m without stopping which is awesome for me! I'm not a fast runner and the other 12wbt-ers out ran me from the start. Totally fine with that. I'm aiming to improve my time by the next one at 4 weeks.

Push ups: Pretty good! I pushed out as many as I could as fast as I could go for the first 20 seconds or so. Then slowed down... But still more than I thought I would do!

Wall sit: So tough! And I almost gave up after 15secs. But it really is mind over matter. Next time I'm aiming for +1min.

Sit ups: Those crunches at the gym have been doing something! Got to stage 2 no worries. I dont think I'm far from stage 3 either!

Sit and reach: I think we all cheated here. Our feet were on the step, but the step was only 10cm high. This meant that our feet could extend further, putting less strain on our legs. Even still I rocked it. The husband measuring us all looked at me in amazement. I had to admit that I had been practising for 2 weeks prior! *giggle*

How did you do? Did you surprise yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment