Saturday, February 18, 2012

Out and About

Funerals are always hard work. I cry as the drop of a hat, so found it really difficult to make my way through either funeral without sobbing into a mountain of tissues. Seeing Mum so upset didn't help either. They were lovely services and Mum's family turned out in droves.

Why do we only see relatives when there is a wedding or funeral. Need to make more of an effort to see some of the older rellies.

Considering we were away from home for 2 days, I didn't/couldn't stick to the program for Thursday & Friday. I missed it! I missed knowing that the food that was going in to my body was clean, nutritious AND helping me to rid the flab. So instead, I took my cereal/breakfast with me (muesli is my new fave... yum!), made smarter choices when we were out and about, and SCOWLED at my husband for eating pizza and junk right across the table from me!

In the end we had 4 meals of fast food. Lunch and dinner for both Thursday and Friday. Lunch on thursday, my sister and I ate at the Carillion in Perth (food court) and I chose Sumo Salad (Pesto Chicken/Low Fat CHicken & Avocado) and my sister had a kebab. Dinner, the whole family went to Fast Eddy's (yuck) and I chose the healthiest thing on the menu - Chicken Teriyaki (no noodles - just veg). It was fairly average!

On Friday, I had my muesli for breakfast and lunch we were out and about again, so I had Sumo Salad again. This time I went for a South West Chicken as I knew that I wouldnt be eating snacks that day. It worked out to be about 400 cals for the regular size. Felt full all afternoon! Dinner wasnt until almost 8pm and we were eating it on the way home. I got a Turkey Sub @ Subway (without cheese or sauces/dressings) and my hub had pizza (scowl). The kids ended up having far too much junk over the two days. They'll be fed veg for the next 12 weeks to make up for it. My eldest loves potato and carbs, but the youngest thrives on veg and salads, so she didnt have a great meal last night.

Nevermind... feel so much guiltier feeding my kids that crap now. Hub can eat what he wants - his choice. *shrug*

So I'm back on track today, ready for my SSS. Rest day yesterday, so I'm all ready for today!! How was your week??

No comments:

Post a Comment