Monday, February 27, 2012

Shopping for the 12wbt

I've just returned from the farmer's market and supermarket. My closest supermarket it 30mins away, but the produce is crap and a lot of stuff I buy there is sooo close to being out of date I've had to take a multitude of items back there in the last 3 months *sigh*

So today the kids and I trekked to our closest major centre which is about 1hr 20mins away. My parents live there and normally we venture in on a day where the kids can spend some time with the grandparents. Unfortunately both Gran and Grandpa were working today. So we all had to go shopping.

My littlest has a cold and the other one is sneezing all over the place today, so he's obviously coming down with it too. So both were in FOUL moods. The foulest of moods.

They were fine throughout the farmers' market. Awesome produce, so fresh and ALL there. I didnt have to hunt around or ask a 15 year old if they had them in. It was like shopping in heaven (or so I assume). No queues, parking at the front door and two kids that were entertained with a punnet of cherry tomatoes between them (weird I know!) My bill was exorbitant, but that was expected. I filled 4 cooler bags of fruit and vegies. YUM!

If the farmers' market was heaven, the supermarket was HELL. M screamed 3/4 of the way around the shop. I didnt have to get alot, but what I needed wasn't in the spot that I thought it should be. I was the parent that was speed-walking around the shop ignoring the glares from the other mums and dodging the 'helpful' comments from the grannies. What a nightmare. Next time I trek into town, I'm leaving the kids with Mum! Aaaaaarg.

I now have zero energy to do my Monday session tonight though :( :( I WILL do it. The scales are showing a gain so far :( :(

On a more positive note - my fridge is filled with so much goodness it practically gleams!

No comments:

Post a Comment