Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Blogger Challenge #2: Positivity

So this weeks challenge is to look at what are you actually TAKING up? What are you giving yourself? Are you learning something new? Taking up a new sport? Giving yourself a social life? 

An interesting take on the 12wbt - normally people are so focussed on what they are missing out on.

The biggest thing for me is ME. I'm taking time out for myself. Sounds superficial and selfish, but I love the times where the dog (& sometimes the cat) and I jog down the hill in preparation for my run/walk at the bottom. I love putting the music in my ears and leaving the hub in charge of teeth, story and bed. I come back in to the house just as the hub is saying goodnight to the cherubs, and I can give them a quick kiss goodnight myself.

I'm taking up running! Who would have thought that this chubby, unfit, unhealthy (old)me would be running??? Holy moly! I can run. And for 2 minutes at a time. It surprises me every time I get to the end of the 2min interval that I just ran for that long/far.  My knees are not thanking me, but they are slowly adapting to the new stresses.

I am taking up a new love of NUTRITIOUS foods. I would never have guessed that I would be happier eating a Chicken, Feta and Grape salad instead of the pizza I made for the hub and kids last night. And I was full afterwards! My nails are stronger and healthier, my hair is brighter and my digestive system is getting back into the swing of things. I'm getting my health back. Lucky me!

Want to participate in the blogging challenges? Or do you want to find more blogs running with this Blogging Challenge by 'Nutritionally Yours...' Click here: http://nutritionally-yours.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/blogger-challenge-week-2-positivity.html

1 comment:

  1. Go Marnie!!!

    I really want to learn to run as well, and like you, I am always surprised how long I have run for haha!

    ReplyDelete